Improvers Run Group
If you want to have fun, make friends and run faster, this is the group for you. We are a mixed group with abilities ranging from 45 minute to over an hour 10k pace. Training is focused around the 10k distance but group members race over distances from 5k to ultras and on road, cross country and fell. We rotate round a number of different sessions including hill work and intervals and steady conversational runs, and sessions are organised so that they suit a range of standards. That said, you will benefit most from our training if you already run a few times a week, whatever the speed. This is not a complete beginners run-walk group. Sessions are usually led by a UKA qualified Leader in Running Fitness. As volunteers, the coach or leader will usually join in with the session.
- Monday session– Oval track entrance, leave at 6.30pm. Usually a steady conversational run of around 6 miles. Run as a “muster” so everyone loops back to keep the group together.
- Thursday session– Oval track entrance, leave at 6.30pm. Usually road intervals or hill session or track session. Moderated or split into ability groups.
- Other sessions will be available through the summer.
So, if you want to improve your running and meet some like-minded people, why not come and join us? Currently all sessions meet at the Oval Track entrance at 6.20 for a 6.30pm start. Please note that all sessions are moderated to suit a range of standards. We do lots of looping or divide into groups to accommodate people. The schedule also assumes that you will fit in at least one other run in the week e.g. a long run. If you already do some running, please join us and you will improve! Our group keeps in touch using a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/wirralacimprovers/. Many of us arrange to go on training runs at the weekends and other times via this group. Please e-mail email@example.com to find out more about our group. Your first session is free; after that the price is £2 for track sessions or £1 for other sessions. There are two categories of adult membership, access our membership pages here-Wirral AC on-line membership pages
- Fully inclusive Club membership costs £17 for England Athletics/Northern Athletics membership then £7/month payable by direct debit. The £7/month includes all training sessions, full or subsidised entry to some club races including the Borders Road Race League and EA/Northern Athletics membership for the next year (you only pay it when you join, in subsequent years it is included in your on-going membership payments).
- New this year– Basic membership. £25/year including membership of England Athletics/Northern Athletics and off-track run sessions. This membership is perfect for you if you don’t think you can access training on a regular basis but you’d like to be a member of a club so you can meet up with people when it suits you and at races. This membership category doesn’t include access to the Borders Road Race League or discounted entry to other leagues but these items can be purchased separately and you can upgrade to full membership whenever you like. See here for details http://www.wirralac.co.uk/run-wirral-ac-run-club/
Brenda thinks you should join…