Adult Endurance- Wirral AC Run Club
Wirral AC Run Club is for adult endurance runners. We aim to bring together like-minded runners from the Wirral and beyond both in our local Run Groups and in our Facebook group. We are a club who loves to race but we welcome everyone. Think elite racing club turned on it’s head- we welcome runners of all ages with any level of experience. And when you join us for training we have several England Athletics qualified Run Leaders offering running sessions to cater to for all. Whether you want to join a supportive and friendly running group to improve your health and fitness, a group of faster runners to challenge yourself or you just want to train by yourself or with friends outside club sessions and maybe meet us at races, we are the club for you.
We have two adult membership options. Below is a table to help you decide which to choose.
|Basic Membership||Full Membership|
|Price||£25/year (second claim £10/year)||£84/year paid as £7/month
(+£17 initial payment)
|Borders Road Race League||£15||Included|
|Team relays events*||£ average £8/event||50% discount|
|Welsh Castles Relays||£25||50% discount- £12.50|
|Liverpool and district Cross Country League||£10 including cross challenge and championship||Included except cross challenge and champs- £2 each|
|Northern Track and Field League-4 meetings||£10||Included|
|Track use, club nights||£2/session||Included|
NB Second claim basic membership i.e. Membership for members of other clubs who wish to join us for specific events such as the Borders Road Race League is £10 plus the cost of league entry.
If you want to meet local runners through our Facebook group and at races but you may not be able to make our sessions or club races on a regular basis this is the best membership for you. It includes-
- Membership of England Athletics and Northern Athletics which gives a £2 discount on most road races
- Access to regular off-track Wirral AC training sessions including the Improvers Run Group and Senior Distance Running Group.
- Access to the Oval track at Wirral AC training times for a discount price of £2/session
- Membership of our private Facebook Groups where you can meet and chat with other local members and arrange training and racing.
- Access to our Summer Grand Prix Race Series
And you may also add-
- Entry to the Borders Road Race League, a series of 7 road races though the winter- £15
- Entry to the Manchester Area Cross Country League, £10 for 5 races
- You may upgrade to full membership at any time
Full Membership – £7/month plus an initial joining fee of £17 to cover membership of England Athletics and Northern Athletics.
This membership category is aimed at those who use the track regularly and/or want to get involved in most of our club races. This includes all of the above plus-
- Unlimited, free track use on club nights
- Free Entry to the Borders Road Race League
- Discounted entry to other club leagues and races- Road Relays and Castles Relay.
Want to join? Just click on the green button to access our on-line membership page.
What races do we do? Everything! We have members taking part in everything from their local ParkRun to road and trail marathons, triathlons, fell races, track races and ultras.
As a club we field teams in-
- North West, Northern and National Road Relays
- Manchester Area Cross Country League
- Liverpool and District Cross Country League
- Merseyside, Northern and National Cross Country
- Borders Road Race League
- Wirral Multiterrain League
- Merseyside Track and Field Championships
- Northern Track and Field League
We also have a summer and winter intra-club points leagues just for a bit of fun and to encourage everyone to compete with the club.