Wirral AC Summer Grand Prix Series 2019
New for 2019- a summer league to get us all out to local races over the summer!
The aim of the league is to get us out as a club supporting local club races where possible and to generate some friendly competition. We may even hit the pub or eat cake afterwards….
The races are as follows…. Current standings can be found here- http://www.wirralac.co.uk/summer-grand-prix-series-2019-results/
|April||Wed 10th April||Chester Spring 5||*https://wcac.niftyentries.com/Essar-Chester-Spring-512|
|May||Tues 21st May||Thurstaston Multiterrain Challenge||6 miles. 7.15pm start, Thurstaston Visitor Centre. Enter on night|
|June||Wed 5th June||Birkenhead Park 5||*http://www.wirralac.co.uk/competitionsbirkenhead-park-road-races/|
|Tues 11th June||Chairman’s Challenge||7 mile run challenging Pensby Runners at their own regular route! Route and details to be released.|
|Sun 23rd June||Penny Lane 10k||*http://www.pennylanestriders.club/penny-lane-striders-10k.html|
|July||Wed 24th July||Green, green grass Fell Race||7.30pm start, Golden Lion Inn, Llangynhafal. Allow 15 min to get to start. £4 entry on day. 5 miles.|
|August||Wed 21st Aug||Ellesmere Port 5k||*https://www.ellesmereportrunningclub.org.uk/ellesmere-port-rc-5k/|
|Thursday 22nd Aug||Mile Relays||Details not available|
|Mon 26th Aug||Cilcain Fell Race||1pm start in Cilcain, Denbigshire. Kids races and show. £5 entry on day. 4.6 miles. http://www.cilcainshow.org.uk/|
|March-Aug||Seaside Run||Best time in any||*http://www.seasideruns.com/
Times will be ranked for ladies and men +
|July-Aug||Birkenhead ParkRun||Best age graded performance||Best age-graded percentages obtained in July or August 2019 will be ranked for men and ladies +|
+ You are responsible for submitting your own score- see rules.
And here are the rules….
Wirral AC Summer Grand Prix 2019- Rules
- Competitors must be fully paid up first-claim senior (aged 18 and over) members of Wirral Athletic Club.
- Club vests must be worn for all events with the exception of ParkRun
- Points will be awarded to men or women. 15 points will be awarded for the first club competitor, 14 for second etc. If more than 15 compete then up to 20 points may be awarded. If more than 20 athletes compete, 1 point will be given to the 20th runner onwards.
- Final scores will be calculated from the sum of the best 9 out of 12 races. For runners competing in less than 9 races the sum of all their races will be their final score.
- For ParkRun please submit your best age-graded percentage along with the date achieved to Ian Rowlands- firstname.lastname@example.org. Age-graded percentages for men and women will be scored. If you do not submit a score you will not receive points
- For the Seaside Run your best time from any race should be submitted at the end of the series ,along with the date achieved, to Ian Rowlands- email@example.com.
- In the event of a tie, the position will be decided on the ParkRun percentage.