Wirral AC Summer Grand Prix Series 2020
Back for 2020- a summer league to get us all out to local races over the summer!
The aim of the league is to get us out together as a club supporting local club races where possible and to generate some friendly competition. We may even hit the pub or eat cake afterwards….
|1||Wed 22nd April||Borders League Race 7||Helsby||7.15 pm|
|2||Tues May 19th (TBC)||Thurstaston Multi-terrain Challenge (6 mile)||Thurstaston||TBC|
|3||Tues 26th May (TBC)||Chairman’s Challenge (7.7 mile)||Heswall||TBC|
|4||Wed 3rd June||Birkenhead Park 5 (5 mile)||Birkenhead Park||TBC|
|5||Wed 17th June (TBC)||Robbie Webster Wobbler (5.2 mile)||Helsby||TBC|
|6||Sat 27th June||Warrington Multi terrain (5 mile)||Warrington||10.30 am|
|7||Wed 8th July||Sefton Park 5 (5 mile)||Sefton Park||7.30 pm|
|8||Sun 26th July||Helena Tipping 10k (10 km)||Wrexham||10 am|
|9||Wed 19th Aug||Ellesmere Port 5k (5km)||Capenhurst||7.15 pm|
|10||Thurs 20th Aug||Mile Relays (1 mile)||Birkenhead Park||TBC|
|11||Tues 1st Sept (TBC)||Wirral Multi-terrain League Race 1||Royden Park (TBC)||TBC|
|12||Sat 3rd Oct||Aintree Half Marathon||Aintree||10 am|
|13||Various Wed||Wirral Seaside Runs (5 km)||Leasowe Lighthouse||6.30/7 pm|
|14||Various Sat (Jun-Aug)||Birkenhead/Arrowe Park Parkrun||Birkenhead Park/Arrowe Park||9 am|
And here are the rules….
Wirral AC Summer Grand Prix 2020- Rules
- Competitors must be fully paid up first-claim senior (aged 15 and over) members of Wirral Athletic Club.
- Prizes will be awarded to the top three men and top three ladies.
- Club vests to be warn at all races apart from Chairman’s Challenge and any Parkrun Events.
- Your best score from either the Borders League race or the Birkenhead Park 5 Mile will be doubled.
- Points will be awarded to men or women. 15 points will be awarded for the first club competitor, 14 for second etc. If more than 15 compete then up to 20 points may be awarded. If more than 20 athletes compete, 1 point will be given to the 20th runner onwards.
- Final scores will be calculated from the sum of the best 10 out of 14 races**. For runners competing in less than 10 races the sum of all their races will be their final score.
- Please send your best Parkrun performances to Michael Wilkinson via email or Facebook along with any queries. Email is: firstname.lastname@example.org. Age-graded percentages for men and women will be scored. If you do not submit a score you will not receive points
- In the event of a tie, the position will be decided on the ParkRun percentage.